Friday, April 30, 2010

Three Things...

Im totally plagiarizing this from my friends blog. She is one of the most amazing people I know and even though she's 3 years my junior she is who I want to be when I "grow up". Here is her post:

"I have a solution to the world's problems. It's called, 'Three things'.
Every night before my kids go to bed I tell them three reasons why I love them. Ella thought I would run out of reasons, but I have proved her wrong. Now every night she waits with wide eyes and says, "Mom, don't forget my three things!"I always want my kids to know I love them. I always want my family and friends to know I love them. I may just start dishing out three things randomly, so just know you've been warned. All we have are moments. Let's make the best of them!"

I think she's on to something here. This practice is amazing for a mom to share with her kids - what kid wouldnt grow up happier and healthier knowing each night just how much they are loved by their mom or their dad, but since I dont have kids (yet, I hope) I think of doing this with my future spouse. How amazing would it be each night to lay down together and think of three things we love about each other. I think both people would feel so great about themselves as well as the person they love. It would be hard not to feel appreciated or recognized. It would be hard to be angry or hurt. Now, Im definitely no expert here having never had a spouse, but I think I want to try this out someday. Brit's a genius :-)

0 comments: